Yadkinville, NC—Art, craft and food vendors, live music, and blue ribbon competitions are planned during the annual Harvest Festival on Saturday, Sept. 17 in downtown Yadkinville. The festival begins at 9 a.m. and ends at 4:30 p.m. Below are a few highlights.
- Well Fargo Stagecoach pulls in at 11:00 a.m., delivering the mayor of Yadkinville to the festival. The stagecoach will furnish a popular backdrop for photo opportunities.
- Craft and art vendors
- There’s going to be a lot of festival food, such as the popular potato twirls, fresh-squeezed lemonade, or you can pick up a peck of vegetables at the farmers market.
- Watch working artists in the Cultural Center’s YARD working artist studios
- Watch basket makers and quilters demonstrate their craft
- “Exquisite Miniatures by Wes and Rachelle Siegrist” opens the day of the festival in the Cultural Center’s Welborn Gallery. You’ll be shown how to view watercolors through the magnifying glasses placed through the exhibit. The exhibit runs from September 15 to October 15.
- Buegrass jam on the Chamber of Commerce lawn will fill the air with fiddling sounds preceded by the sounds of songsters in the popular “Yadkin Idol” competition which begins at 11:30 am.
- Kids play areas feature giant inflatables, a petting zoo and a craft tent.
- Tip: Attendees who bring four cans of food to the Yadkin Christian Ministries tent will receive a raffle ticket for prizes.
For more information or to download an entry form for the blue-ribbon competitions, please visit www.yadkinarts.org or call (336) 679-2941.
The presenting sponsor for the festival is Unifi, Inc. Indera Mills is a platinum sponsor; gold sponsors are Duke Energy and Workforce Carolina; silver sponsors include Crystal Cleaners, Lomar Enterprises, Phillips-Van Heusen Foundation, Wachovia Bank and Yadkin Valley Bank. Bronze sponsors are CMS Insurance, G&B Energy and Southern Community Bank.